Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Training in India
"If we hope to go anywhere or develop ourselves in any way, we can only step from where we are standing. If we don't really know where we are standing…
We may only go in circles…"
Navigating Life's Challenges (MBSR) is a 5-Day residential adaptation of the empirically-supported 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program. In this program you will experience the key components of the 8-Week MBSR program as developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn. Participating in Navigating Life's Challenges is an ideal experience for anyone who does not have access to being able to participate in a formal 8-week MBSR program. Holding the heart of the 8-week MBSR program we journey together to mindfully explore ways of navigating and cultivating a new healthier relationship to the challenges and struggles in our lives. Navigating Life's Challenges is for anyone who would like to learn more effective coping skills that have the potential to lower and change their relationship to stress.
This highly participatory program will include:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful movement
- Inquiry exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- Individually tailored instruction
- Group dialogue
- Guided audio files for home practice and workbook
- Articulate the key aspects of mindfulness as it relates to stress reduction, coping with pain and illness and enhancing well-being
- Learn about the difference between relaxation and other distraction techniques that may seem similar but are fundamentally and theoretically quite different in contending with difficulty and enhancing quality of life
- Practice and apply mindfulness techniques in both personal and professional settings as a means of contending more effectively with the demands of both settings
- Integrate mindfulness into social interaction with patients, colleagues, supervisors, family and friends to facilitate more effective and mindful communication.
This intensive training is designed for members of the general public, as well as for professionals who wish to integrate mindfulness into their work. Participating in the Navigating Life's Challenges program satisfies a prerequisite for becoming an MBSR program teacher. Meditation experience is not necessary to participate in this 5-day Intensive. All are welcome!
Program activities include meditation, experiential exercises, group discussion, inquiry & reflection, and didactic talks. We train in accessing our own inner wisdom developing a non-judgmental, compassionate, passionate, presence and awareness. Through this embodied practice we navigate with a different relationship to ourselves and the challenges of life.