Registrations are open for Just Being's Mindfulness Based Counseling (Listening with Embodied Presence) Course. The course is over nine months on a part time basis. It is designed and offered by Sandy Dias Andrade and beginning from 17th August, 2018. Sandy will be joined by other experts in the field of listening and counseling.
What is Mindfulness Based Counselling?
Just by virtue of being human, we can offer a listening space, establish a heartfelt connection and relate from a state of Presence or `Beingness'. This doesn't require a specialized degree in psychology or social work, though it may be helpful to have such a background. Mindfulness Based Counselling is the ability for anyone without a background in psychology or social work to be attuned and skilled enough to hold a listening space.
Why is the Mindfulness Based Counselling course offered?
There is a deep need to be seen and heard by many and not many professionals available to offer these spaces. Such a course is intended to bridge the gap in what is professionally available and the basic need for listening spaces.
Is this course for you?
If you find that people naturally gravitate to you seeking solace, if you have an inherent flair for listening then this is an opportunity to refine this affinity with greater attunemnet and skill to be of benefit to others. It only requires a willing heart.
What is unique about this course?
- While the course is designed so that anyone can offer such a space, it is advanced in the attitude that it seeks to cultivate and the skills developed. Thus professional counsellors have also benefited from the course in the past and it has deeply enriched the listening space that they can offer.
- The emphasis of the course is on listening from a space of `beingness' and silence and allowing for what is needed to emerge. Practitioners learn how to listen from Embodied Presence. Thus mindfulness is a core practice that is taught and nurtured in the course.
- The emphasis is also on an inward, experiential understanding of the listening process and self care and an ability to listen in an intuitive way is highlighted along with the other skills of counseling that help the practitioner to respond in an attuned way.
- The course is designed for people from all walks of life and from all parts of India and overseas to avail of the course.
- Designed as a small group course of not more than 16 participants.
- Past participants have shared the deeply transformational nature of the course and the process.
More details in the attached brochure. Do drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9011036828
- Aug 2018- 17,18,19
- Sep 2018 - 21,22,23
- Oct 2018 - 19,20,21
- Nov 2018 – 10,11
- Dec 2018 – 7,8,9
- Jan 2019 – 5, 6
- Feb 2019 – 8,9,10
- Mar 2019 -2, 3
- Apr 2019 -5, 6,7
to let us know if you are interested and we can take it further.
Will appreciate if you can circulate it to others who might be interested in your circles.